Friday, September 24, 2010

Dinosaurs!

Charlie has recently discovered dinosaurs. When I pick him up on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I ask him what he did at school that day. He ALWAYS replies, "I play dinosaurs!" So, I found some dinosaurs in a dollar bin and picked them up to have on hand for our goodie bag. I keep a goodie bag so that when Charlie behaves REALLY well he can choose a prize. I'm also hoping to use this for potty training incentive (as of right now, he has zero interest). Recently, Charlie was a super good listener and got to choose a reward. He, of course, picked a dinosaur. He wanted to take it in the car with him; and as we were driving, I asked him what he wanted to name his new dinosaur friend. I explained that everyone has a name, and we called out his family and friends' names to help him choose a good name for his dinosaur. He said he wanted to name his dinosaur, "Mommy." So all weekend he kept asking, "Where's mommy?" and we had to clarify if he was speaking of "Mommy the dinosaur" or just Mommy. Usually, he wanted Mommy the dinosaur. Is it wierd that I felt flattered that he named his prized possession, a large reptile, "Mommy"?

No comments: